Thousands of policemen, snipers to guard Pak PM
Ajmer: Pakistan’s Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf will spend about five hours in Jaipur along with his family members before heading to the shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer on Saturday.
The Ajmer district administration has deployed more than 1,000 policemen in and around the shrine.
The Jaipur police have also made adequate arrangements for security of Ashraf at Hotel Rambagh Palace where he will stay for five hours and have lunch with Indian Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid.
A mock drill of the security arrangements was concluded on Friday evening and the dummy convoy was taken from the helipad at Gughra to the main gate of the dargah. Ashraf will reach Ajmer at about 4.05 pm on Saturday.
A security team from Pakistan reached Ajmer on Friday to look into the security arrangements.
The dargah will be vacated on Saturday before Ashraf reaches and the Ajmer district administration has deputed 11 magistrates for the occasion. Snipers will be deployed on rooftops of several houses in the dargah region.
The Pakistani Prime Minister will be accompanied by his family members during prayers at the shrine of Sufi Saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said on Friday that he looks forward to the visit of the Pakistani Prime Minister, as he will be offering prayers at the Sufi Shrine, which gives out the message of peace.
Commenting on boycott call given by a diwan of the dargah, Khurshid said any one who comes with a message of peace in a place of peace should be received with peace.
"It is a private visit. A spiritual visit to a place, which gives out the message of peace; Dargah Sharif gives out a message of peace. And I think anyone comes with a message of peace in a place of peace, we should receive them with peace," said Khurshid.
The dargah diwan, Syed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, had said that he was opposed to the visit by the Pakistani Prime Minister in the wake of the January 2013 beheading of two Indian soldiers along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
He said that he would boycott the Pakistani Prime Minister`s visit on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'