Thousands register for Anna’s ‘Jail Bharo Andolan’
New Delhi: With battle lines drawn between the government and the civil society over the Lokpal Bill, Team Anna has begun a fierce campaign for generating people’s support for Anna Hazare’s proposed hunger strike from December 27.
India Against Corruption (IAC) has launched a website - www.jailchalo.com, which went live on Thursday. Around 65,000 people have already registered for the campaign and thousands more are expected to join in.
The website allows the people to register themselves for the ‘jail bharo’ campaign to fight for passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
Key Team Anna member Kiran bedi tweeted on micro-blogging site Twitter, “Anna wants to know if you`re willing to go to jail. The 74-year-old activist is unleashing a civil disobedience movement and wants people to court arrest to protest against the government for introducing a Lokpal Bill that he finds weak.”
Anna Hazare will sit on a three-day fast from December 27 at MMRDA ground in Mumbai, following which he will start his ‘Jail Bharo Andolan’ from December 30 and continue till January 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'