Thousands register for Anna’s ‘Jail Bharo Andolan’
New Delhi: With battle lines drawn between the government and the civil society over the Lokpal Bill, Team Anna has begun a fierce campaign for generating people’s support for Anna Hazare’s proposed hunger strike from December 27.
India Against Corruption (IAC) has launched a website - www.jailchalo.com, which went live on Thursday. Around 65,000 people have already registered for the campaign and thousands more are expected to join in.
The website allows the people to register themselves for the ‘jail bharo’ campaign to fight for passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
Key Team Anna member Kiran bedi tweeted on micro-blogging site Twitter, “Anna wants to know if you`re willing to go to jail. The 74-year-old activist is unleashing a civil disobedience movement and wants people to court arrest to protest against the government for introducing a Lokpal Bill that he finds weak.”
Anna Hazare will sit on a three-day fast from December 27 at MMRDA ground in Mumbai, following which he will start his ‘Jail Bharo Andolan’ from December 30 and continue till January 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Three Hizbul militants arrested in J&K's Shopian district
- England V Pakistan: James Anderson doubtful for first Test, fractures right shoulder
- Dieselgate: Volkswagen Ready to Pay $10 billion to settle US claims
- Aston Martin begins production of new Twin-Turbo V12 Engine
- Scotland seeks immediate EU talks to protect place in bloc