Threat to Indian embassies a big concern: SM Krishna
New Delhi: Union External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Sunday warned that militant outfits were hatching a conspiracy to spread havoc and disrupt peace and harmony across the country while cautioning the intelligence agencies to be more vigilant.
The External Affairs Minister made this remark in the national capital while referring to the postal delivery of IED to the Indian Embassy in Italy few days back.
“We have to wait and see the investigation report. If it’s an attempt to terrorise India then it is a matter of serious concern,” Krishna said while talking to reporters.
He even advised the intelligence agencies to be more cautious in collecting evidence and called for stepping up of security at the Indian mission across the whole world.
“Our embassies are at risk. Terrorist outfits are hatching a conspiracy against India,” he added.
The word of caution from the External Affairs Minister came days after the Indian Embassy in Italy received an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in the form of a postage packet, which prompting the officials to step up security.
The packet which had the sender`s name as LTTE from Italy, was received at the Embassy on January 20, according to Ambassador Arif Khan.
The envelope addressed to the Embassy of India in Italy contained two fuse wires which aroused suspicion. The police was immediately informed and a report was filed.
Police is still investigating the incident and the probe report is due to come in few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan