Threat to Indian embassies a big concern: SM Krishna
New Delhi: Union External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Sunday warned that militant outfits were hatching a conspiracy to spread havoc and disrupt peace and harmony across the country while cautioning the intelligence agencies to be more vigilant.
The External Affairs Minister made this remark in the national capital while referring to the postal delivery of IED to the Indian Embassy in Italy few days back.
“We have to wait and see the investigation report. If it’s an attempt to terrorise India then it is a matter of serious concern,” Krishna said while talking to reporters.
He even advised the intelligence agencies to be more cautious in collecting evidence and called for stepping up of security at the Indian mission across the whole world.
“Our embassies are at risk. Terrorist outfits are hatching a conspiracy against India,” he added.
The word of caution from the External Affairs Minister came days after the Indian Embassy in Italy received an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in the form of a postage packet, which prompting the officials to step up security.
The packet which had the sender`s name as LTTE from Italy, was received at the Embassy on January 20, according to Ambassador Arif Khan.
The envelope addressed to the Embassy of India in Italy contained two fuse wires which aroused suspicion. The police was immediately informed and a report was filed.
Police is still investigating the incident and the probe report is due to come in few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees