Three Bangladeshis apprehended from border near Kutch by BSF
Kutch: Three Bangladeshis who had sneaked
into India a few days ago, were apprehended by the Border
Security Force (BSF) from Hajipir near the Indo-Pak border
here on Tuesday, police said.
The trio was apprehended while they were trying to
cross over to Pakistan from Hajipir, about 125 km from the
district headquarter Bhuj, they said.
According to police, the three have been identified as
Mohammad Hussain (55), Ashraf Ali (22) and Abdul Karim (30),
all hailing from Dhaka in Bangladesh.
They were apprehended while the BSF men were
patrolling near the international border and one mobile phone,
SIM card and 30,000 taka, the Bangladesh currency, were
recovered from them.
On interrogation, they revealed that they had sneaked
into India from Hilli village on the Indo-Bangla border. From
there they first went to Delhi, then to Ahmedabad and Bhuj by
train. From Bhuj, they took a bus to Hajipir, where they were
caught by the BSF men, police said.
The trio would be brought to the joint interrogation
centre in Bhuj tomorrow where they would be questioned by
various security agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video