Three bogies of Kalka Mail derail
Chandigarh/New Delhi: Three coaches of Howrah-Delhi Kalka Mail derailed at a railway station in Haryana Friday morning but no one was hurt.
The derailment took place near Rathdhana station close to Sonipat, about 60 kms from Delhi, at 0543 hours, a Northern Railway official said.
The train was moving at a slow speed after crossing Sonipat in the busy Ambala-Delhi section when the three bogies jumped off the track, he said.
Divisional Railway Manager Ashwini Kumar said there was no casualty in the mishap and all the passengers of the derailed bogies were safe.
"Three out of the 24 coaches, including the luggage compartment, derailed. The train barring the three coaches has left with the passengers of the derailed coaches," the official in Delhi said.
Railways have ordered an enquiry into the incident, he said.
Rail traffic, which was disrupted for about four hours, has been restored, officials said.
Two trains, Una-Chandigarh- New Delhi Jan Shatabdi Express and Kurukshetra-Delhi Passenger, have been cancelled due to the derailment.
Railway sources said the derailment could have been caused by a crack in the track and that detailed investigation was on to ascertain the exact reason for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly