Three bogies of Kalka Mail derail
Chandigarh/New Delhi: Three coaches of Howrah-Delhi Kalka Mail derailed at a railway station in Haryana Friday morning but no one was hurt.
The derailment took place near Rathdhana station close to Sonipat, about 60 kms from Delhi, at 0543 hours, a Northern Railway official said.
The train was moving at a slow speed after crossing Sonipat in the busy Ambala-Delhi section when the three bogies jumped off the track, he said.
Divisional Railway Manager Ashwini Kumar said there was no casualty in the mishap and all the passengers of the derailed bogies were safe.
"Three out of the 24 coaches, including the luggage compartment, derailed. The train barring the three coaches has left with the passengers of the derailed coaches," the official in Delhi said.
Railways have ordered an enquiry into the incident, he said.
Rail traffic, which was disrupted for about four hours, has been restored, officials said.
Two trains, Una-Chandigarh- New Delhi Jan Shatabdi Express and Kurukshetra-Delhi Passenger, have been cancelled due to the derailment.
Railway sources said the derailment could have been caused by a crack in the track and that detailed investigation was on to ascertain the exact reason for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Liam Payne will reunite with One Direction, says his sister
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Punjab braveheart challenges J&K separatists, says will hoist tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Aug 15 - Watch