Three booked for attempt to murder ex-AP Olympic Ass. Prez`s son
Hyderabad: In a curious case of conspiracy, city police on Thursday arrested three persons for allegedly trying to kill the son of former AP Olympic Association president, by leaving a box containing a king cobra at his doorstep at Narayanguda here.
The accused -- Narsingh Rao and two others -- were arrested after police scanned the CCTV footage from outside the house of the son of the late Venkat Ram Reddy, former president of AP Olympic Association.
According to police, Rao wanted to kill Reddy`s son to take revenge, as he had allegedly paid Reddy Rs 2 lakh in 2009 after Reddy had promised to make Rao the secretary of the AP Boxing Association.
However, Reddy (who passed away earlier this year) did not fulfil the promise, Rao allegedly told police.
Rao and his associates left a box containing the snake at the doorstep of the residence of Reddy`s son four times in the past two-three months. They chose moonless night every time, police said. A case of attempt to murder has been registered against the three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test