Three Chinese spies held at Indo-Nepal border
Bahraich, Uttar Pradesh: Three Chinese nationals were arrested by Sashastra Seema Bal personnel for allegedly crossing the border illegally from Nepal and taking pictures
of important installations, official sources said here Tuesday.
The Chinese nationals, Liao Xing, Yu Dangli and Yang Liu were arrested near
Rupedhiya border, Monday night, when they were taking pictures of
important locations, sources said.
The three, who had come to Nepal, did not possess passports and visas, according to sources.
As per reports, during interrogation, they have claimed that they were engineers by profession and were in Nepal in connection with a project but the security establishment strongly suspects them of being spies.
They are said to have arrived by a vehicle till the border, parked the vehicle there and then entered Indian territory on foot.
A newspaper quoted SSB Commandant Devanand as saying that prima facie it seemed that they had come here as spies and that three other Chinese were held recently while taking pictures and sent to Delhi after interrogation.
The latest arrests came amid reports that intelligence agencies are on high alert following inputs about infiltration of six Chinese intelligence agents into India illegally through the porous Indo-Nepal border.
As per reports, some Chinese nationals, in the age group of 18 to 35 years, have entered India in disguise of Buddhist monks and taken shelter in different Tibetan monasteries of Shravasti. Following which, there has been an increase in the threat perception to Dalai Lama and his close aides.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection