Three detained for links with arrested terror suspects in Mumbai
Mumbai: Three persons suspected to have
links with the two alleged terrorists, arrested for allegedly
planning terror strikes in Mumbai, have been detained for
questioning, Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) officials said on Tuesday.
"We have detained three persons on suspicion and
questioning is going on. The three had spoken about passports
with one of the arrested terror suspects Abdul Latif on
several occasions," said an ATS official on condition of
anonymity. The official refused to divulge further details.
The ATS had on Saturday arrested two persons - Abdul
Latif alias Guddu (29) and Riyaz Ali alias Rehan (23) - for
allegedly planning to carry out terrorist attacks in the city.
The terror suspects had allegedly conducted a recce of
three targets in the city - headquarters of public sector
petroleum company Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC),
Thakkar Mall in suburban Mumbai, and Mangaldas Market in south
Police have also enquired some class four employees of
the ONGC headquarters in suburban Bandra, showing them
photographs of the two accused.
"We have asked the employees if any of the accused had
asked or told them anything. We are tracing the accused`s
footprints and enquiring all those who may have come across
the duo directly or indirectly," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why