Three die due to heat in Bhavnagar dist of Gujarat
New Delhi: Three persons on Sunday died due
to the heat in Bhavnagar district of Gujarat, taking the toll
so far this summer to over 133 as temperatures stayed above
the 40-degree celsius mark in northern India.
A woman and two men died while climbing up the Jain
pilgrimage site of Palitana hill in the western state.
The heat wave continued unabated in the state with the
maximum temperature being recorded above 42 degree celsius at
The Vidarbha region also experienced high temperatures
with Nagpur recording a high of 46.2 degrees. Neighbouring
Wardha closely followed at 46 degrees.
In northern India, high temperatures kept many people
indoor as the mercury touched the 47 degrees mark at places in
Rajasthan and Haryana.
In the desert state, Sriganganagar was the hottest
place for the second consecutive day as it sizzled at a high
of 47.8 degrees.
The mercury also touched 47 degree mark in Churu
followed by 45.6 degrees in Barmer.
The Pink City experienced a daytime temperature of 44
degrees while it was 45.2 degrees in Kota.
In Punjab and Haryana, Hisar was the hottest place in
the region at 47 degrees. Ambala experienced a daytime
temperature of 42.1 degrees, three degrees above normal.
Patiala in Punjab had a high of 44 degrees, five
notches more than the usual for this time of the year while
Ludhiana saw the mercury settle at 43.8 degrees, five degrees
above normal. It was 42.9 degrees in Amritsar, four marks
above the normal.
Chandigarh experienced a high of 42 degrees, two
degrees above normal.
In the national capital, the mercury touched 43.9
degrees during the day while the night temperature was
recorded at 25.6 degrees.
The humidity levels also rose to 55 per cent though
the minimum was 10 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown