Three die due to heat in Bhavnagar dist of Gujarat
New Delhi: Three persons on Sunday died due
to the heat in Bhavnagar district of Gujarat, taking the toll
so far this summer to over 133 as temperatures stayed above
the 40-degree celsius mark in northern India.
A woman and two men died while climbing up the Jain
pilgrimage site of Palitana hill in the western state.
The heat wave continued unabated in the state with the
maximum temperature being recorded above 42 degree celsius at
The Vidarbha region also experienced high temperatures
with Nagpur recording a high of 46.2 degrees. Neighbouring
Wardha closely followed at 46 degrees.
In northern India, high temperatures kept many people
indoor as the mercury touched the 47 degrees mark at places in
Rajasthan and Haryana.
In the desert state, Sriganganagar was the hottest
place for the second consecutive day as it sizzled at a high
of 47.8 degrees.
The mercury also touched 47 degree mark in Churu
followed by 45.6 degrees in Barmer.
The Pink City experienced a daytime temperature of 44
degrees while it was 45.2 degrees in Kota.
In Punjab and Haryana, Hisar was the hottest place in
the region at 47 degrees. Ambala experienced a daytime
temperature of 42.1 degrees, three degrees above normal.
Patiala in Punjab had a high of 44 degrees, five
notches more than the usual for this time of the year while
Ludhiana saw the mercury settle at 43.8 degrees, five degrees
above normal. It was 42.9 degrees in Amritsar, four marks
above the normal.
Chandigarh experienced a high of 42 degrees, two
degrees above normal.
In the national capital, the mercury touched 43.9
degrees during the day while the night temperature was
recorded at 25.6 degrees.
The humidity levels also rose to 55 per cent though
the minimum was 10 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title