Three FIRs filed in Bodh Gaya blasts
Gaya: Three FIRs have been filed for Sunday`s serial bomb blasts at the Bodh Gaya as the Bihar government handed over the case to the National Investigation Agency while police has picked up one more person.
The FIRs have been lodged against unknown people at the Bodh Gaya police station on the basis of statements of security personnel on duty at the temple on the day of the explosions, Senior Superintendent of Police, Gaya, Ganesh Kumar said.
The case has been handed over to the NIA at the direction of the Bihar government, the SSP said.
Meanwhile, one more person identified as Dasrath who hails from Barachhati village from where the first suspect, Binod Mistri, was detained earlier by the NIA.
Dasrath was picked up on the basis of calls he made to Mistri and as his named figured in the police diary, police sources said.
Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee member Arvind Singh said that visitor arrivals have not been affected by the explosions that injured two monks.
He said that the BTMC was keeping the world aware of the latest situation at the temple and was replying to emails received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar