Three held in AIIMS paper leak case
New Delhi: Three people, including the mastermind of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) post-graduate examination paper leak, have been arrested here for allegedly trying to leak the paper of State Bank of India`s assistants grade examination held Sunday, police said.
The mastermind of the gang, Ravi Atri, 25, was arrested along with his two associates Amarjeet and Nawal, who are in their early 20s, from west Delhi`s Shahbad Dairy area Sunday morning, police said.
"The gang provides their candidates one high-end mobile phone, which is used for scanning, a Bluetooth device, one wrist watch shaped mobile phone and an ear-phone with transmitter stitched to the shirt," Joint Commissioner of Police Tejinder Singh Luthra said Monday.
Luthra said the gang used high-end mobile phones to scan exam papers and send these to an e-mail ID address outside the exam hall using a specific software. "The Bluetooth and the ear-phone were used to confirm whether the transmitted photographs were legible. The answers of the questions were sent to the mobile looking like wrist watch."
The SBI Sunday conducted the assistants grade written test for the recruitment of stenographers and clerks. The accused had planned to leak the paper and help their candidates, but landed in police net before the written test started.
The three men were arrested and their Santro car was seized. It was used by them like control room installed with a laptop, a printer, and a SIM card, Deputy Commissioner of Police B.S. Jaiswal said.
Atri, who is pursuing MBBS from Rohtak, was the alleged mastermind of the ring that was busted here during the All India Post-Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE), held at over 150 centres across the country Jan 8. The same modus operandi was used in the AIPGMEE paper leak case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users