Three held in AIIMS paper leak case
New Delhi: Three people, including the mastermind of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) post-graduate examination paper leak, have been arrested here for allegedly trying to leak the paper of State Bank of India`s assistants grade examination held Sunday, police said.
The mastermind of the gang, Ravi Atri, 25, was arrested along with his two associates Amarjeet and Nawal, who are in their early 20s, from west Delhi`s Shahbad Dairy area Sunday morning, police said.
"The gang provides their candidates one high-end mobile phone, which is used for scanning, a Bluetooth device, one wrist watch shaped mobile phone and an ear-phone with transmitter stitched to the shirt," Joint Commissioner of Police Tejinder Singh Luthra said Monday.
Luthra said the gang used high-end mobile phones to scan exam papers and send these to an e-mail ID address outside the exam hall using a specific software. "The Bluetooth and the ear-phone were used to confirm whether the transmitted photographs were legible. The answers of the questions were sent to the mobile looking like wrist watch."
The SBI Sunday conducted the assistants grade written test for the recruitment of stenographers and clerks. The accused had planned to leak the paper and help their candidates, but landed in police net before the written test started.
The three men were arrested and their Santro car was seized. It was used by them like control room installed with a laptop, a printer, and a SIM card, Deputy Commissioner of Police B.S. Jaiswal said.
Atri, who is pursuing MBBS from Rohtak, was the alleged mastermind of the ring that was busted here during the All India Post-Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE), held at over 150 centres across the country Jan 8. The same modus operandi was used in the AIPGMEE paper leak case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand