Three held in AIIMS paper leak case
New Delhi: Three people, including the mastermind of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) post-graduate examination paper leak, have been arrested here for allegedly trying to leak the paper of State Bank of India`s assistants grade examination held Sunday, police said.
The mastermind of the gang, Ravi Atri, 25, was arrested along with his two associates Amarjeet and Nawal, who are in their early 20s, from west Delhi`s Shahbad Dairy area Sunday morning, police said.
"The gang provides their candidates one high-end mobile phone, which is used for scanning, a Bluetooth device, one wrist watch shaped mobile phone and an ear-phone with transmitter stitched to the shirt," Joint Commissioner of Police Tejinder Singh Luthra said Monday.
Luthra said the gang used high-end mobile phones to scan exam papers and send these to an e-mail ID address outside the exam hall using a specific software. "The Bluetooth and the ear-phone were used to confirm whether the transmitted photographs were legible. The answers of the questions were sent to the mobile looking like wrist watch."
The SBI Sunday conducted the assistants grade written test for the recruitment of stenographers and clerks. The accused had planned to leak the paper and help their candidates, but landed in police net before the written test started.
The three men were arrested and their Santro car was seized. It was used by them like control room installed with a laptop, a printer, and a SIM card, Deputy Commissioner of Police B.S. Jaiswal said.
Atri, who is pursuing MBBS from Rohtak, was the alleged mastermind of the ring that was busted here during the All India Post-Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE), held at over 150 centres across the country Jan 8. The same modus operandi was used in the AIPGMEE paper leak case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics