Three Indian fishermen land in Pak jail
Islamabad: Three Indian fishermen who were detained a few days ago in Pakistan`s port city Karachi have been sent to judicial custody.
The Maritime Security Agency had detained the fishermen and their three fishing boats for illegally fishing in Pakistani territorial waters. They were handed over to the police, the Dawn News reported on Saturday.
They were brought on Friday before a judicial magistrate in Karachi, who sent them to prison on judicial remand with a direction to the police to file a charge sheet under Pakistan`s criminal procedure code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka