Three Indian Mujahideen terror suspects held in Delhi
New Delhi: In a major breakthrough, the Delhi Police on Thursday arrested three terror suspects from Delhi on Thursday.
The three suspects are believed to be operatives of banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen. Reports said that they had made base in a Delhi locality and were planning terror strikes under the directions of terror mastermind Yasin Bhatkal.
Besides arms and ammunition, bomb making equipment was recovered from their hideout, reports added.
The arrested men are being questioned about the exact details about their operation and it is being ascertained whether they were part of any of the previous terror attacks in the country or whether they are part of a new sleeper cell.
The Delhi Police is expected to reveal more detail about the arrests at a press conference scheduled for 4 pm today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- UN General Assembly President-elect calls on PM Narendra Modi
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba