Three Indian students thrashed robbed in Australia
Melbourne: In the backdrop of racial attacks
against Indians, three students of the community were bashed
and robbed when they were returning home at night.
The latest incident took place on Thursday night at
around 10.30 pm (local time) when the victims were on their
way home from Sunshine station along Anderson road, The Age
Three to four persons approached the victims from behind
near Derby Road Reserve demanding their wallets and
cellphones, the police said in the report.
One of the victims a 26-year-old student from Sunshine
handed over his wallets and mobile phone and escaped from the
spot, the report said.
While the other two students aged 24 and 27 were thrashed
by the offenders who also stole their cellphones.
The 24-year-old man received head injuries in the attack
and the 27-year-old man suffered soreness to his upper body,
the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!