Three Indian students thrashed robbed in Australia
Melbourne: In the backdrop of racial attacks
against Indians, three students of the community were bashed
and robbed when they were returning home at night.
The latest incident took place on Thursday night at
around 10.30 pm (local time) when the victims were on their
way home from Sunshine station along Anderson road, The Age
Three to four persons approached the victims from behind
near Derby Road Reserve demanding their wallets and
cellphones, the police said in the report.
One of the victims a 26-year-old student from Sunshine
handed over his wallets and mobile phone and escaped from the
spot, the report said.
While the other two students aged 24 and 27 were thrashed
by the offenders who also stole their cellphones.
The 24-year-old man received head injuries in the attack
and the 27-year-old man suffered soreness to his upper body,
the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges
- 21kg tumor removed from 61-year-old man at Gurgaon hospital
- `Very difficult` for Bastian Schweinsteiger to play at Manchester United: Jose Mourinho
- Europa League draw: Manchester United set for Robin van Persie reunion