Three Indian students thrashed robbed in Australia
Melbourne: In the backdrop of racial attacks
against Indians, three students of the community were bashed
and robbed when they were returning home at night.
The latest incident took place on Thursday night at
around 10.30 pm (local time) when the victims were on their
way home from Sunshine station along Anderson road, The Age
Three to four persons approached the victims from behind
near Derby Road Reserve demanding their wallets and
cellphones, the police said in the report.
One of the victims a 26-year-old student from Sunshine
handed over his wallets and mobile phone and escaped from the
spot, the report said.
While the other two students aged 24 and 27 were thrashed
by the offenders who also stole their cellphones.
The 24-year-old man received head injuries in the attack
and the 27-year-old man suffered soreness to his upper body,
the report said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro