Three Indian students thrashed robbed in Australia
Melbourne: In the backdrop of racial attacks
against Indians, three students of the community were bashed
and robbed when they were returning home at night.
The latest incident took place on Thursday night at
around 10.30 pm (local time) when the victims were on their
way home from Sunshine station along Anderson road, The Age
Three to four persons approached the victims from behind
near Derby Road Reserve demanding their wallets and
cellphones, the police said in the report.
One of the victims a 26-year-old student from Sunshine
handed over his wallets and mobile phone and escaped from the
spot, the report said.
While the other two students aged 24 and 27 were thrashed
by the offenders who also stole their cellphones.
The 24-year-old man received head injuries in the attack
and the 27-year-old man suffered soreness to his upper body,
the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!