Three Indian women pilots create history
New Delhi: Three women pilots created history when they flew a maritime reconnaissance aircraft over the Arabian Sea making their sortie a first all-women flight in the Indian Coast Guard.
"Recently, a Dornier reconnaissance aircraft had taken off in the skies of Daman and adjoining Arabian Sea with all women crew comprising assistant commandants Neetu Singh Bartwal, Neha Murudkar and Shristi Singh. This flight was a maiden all-women flight in the force," a Defence Ministry release said.
This achievement was possible with passing out of first Short Service Entry (observers) course comprising three women officers who had undergone long drawn training in various Naval and Coast Guard establishments for qualifying as an air borne tactician.
"These women officers had toiled long hours gaining proficiency in handling Dornier aircraft and sensors for safeguarding the maritime borders of India. During this mission the crew flew over one hour and landed safely," the ministry said.
The first all-women flight has not only brought laurels to the Indian Coast Guard but also to the women fraternity proving exceptional skills and commitment to the nation, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145