Three killed in Maoist attack in Jharkhand
Chatra (Jharkhand: Three persons,
including the head of a naxal outfit, were killed and six
others critically injured when Maoists attacked at Rajpur in
the district in the wee hours today.
The dead, identified as Umesh Mali, head of a naxal
outfit `Sastra People`s Morcha` (SPM), Umesh Singh Bhokta, a
local leader of Lokjanshakti Party and Ranjit Rajjak, were
watching a cultural programme near Rajpur Middle School around
2 am, when a group of armed Maoists fired on them, District
Superintendent of Police Deo Bihari Sharma said here.
The condition of all the injured, including a police
driver, is stated to be critical, he said.
The CPI (Maoist) is involved in a turf war with SPM,
the Jharkhand Prastuti Samiti and the Tritiya Prastuti Samiti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief