Three killed in Maoist attack in Jharkhand
Chatra (Jharkhand: Three persons,
including the head of a naxal outfit, were killed and six
others critically injured when Maoists attacked at Rajpur in
the district in the wee hours today.
The dead, identified as Umesh Mali, head of a naxal
outfit `Sastra People`s Morcha` (SPM), Umesh Singh Bhokta, a
local leader of Lokjanshakti Party and Ranjit Rajjak, were
watching a cultural programme near Rajpur Middle School around
2 am, when a group of armed Maoists fired on them, District
Superintendent of Police Deo Bihari Sharma said here.
The condition of all the injured, including a police
driver, is stated to be critical, he said.
The CPI (Maoist) is involved in a turf war with SPM,
the Jharkhand Prastuti Samiti and the Tritiya Prastuti Samiti.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram