Three Lankan nationals held for smuggling gold jewels
Chennai: Three Sri Lankan nationals, including two women, were arrested at the airport here on Friday for allegedly attempting to smuggle gold ornaments weighing nearly one kg and valued at Rs 37 lakh.
The two women and a man, who arrived from Colombo by two different flights on Thursday, were detained after customs officials found them carrying the gold ornaments kept concealed in their inner garments, airport sources said.
The women, aged 52 and 42, were illegally carrying 382 grams and 342 grams of jewels while the 44-year old man had 325 grams of ornaments, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened