Three Lankan nationals held for smuggling gold jewels
Chennai: Three Sri Lankan nationals, including two women, were arrested at the airport here on Friday for allegedly attempting to smuggle gold ornaments weighing nearly one kg and valued at Rs 37 lakh.
The two women and a man, who arrived from Colombo by two different flights on Thursday, were detained after customs officials found them carrying the gold ornaments kept concealed in their inner garments, airport sources said.
The women, aged 52 and 42, were illegally carrying 382 grams and 342 grams of jewels while the 44-year old man had 325 grams of ornaments, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists