Three Lankan nationals held for smuggling gold jewels
Chennai: Three Sri Lankan nationals, including two women, were arrested at the airport here on Friday for allegedly attempting to smuggle gold ornaments weighing nearly one kg and valued at Rs 37 lakh.
The two women and a man, who arrived from Colombo by two different flights on Thursday, were detained after customs officials found them carrying the gold ornaments kept concealed in their inner garments, airport sources said.
The women, aged 52 and 42, were illegally carrying 382 grams and 342 grams of jewels while the 44-year old man had 325 grams of ornaments, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!