Three Lankan nationals held for smuggling gold jewels
Chennai: Three Sri Lankan nationals, including two women, were arrested at the airport here on Friday for allegedly attempting to smuggle gold ornaments weighing nearly one kg and valued at Rs 37 lakh.
The two women and a man, who arrived from Colombo by two different flights on Thursday, were detained after customs officials found them carrying the gold ornaments kept concealed in their inner garments, airport sources said.
The women, aged 52 and 42, were illegally carrying 382 grams and 342 grams of jewels while the 44-year old man had 325 grams of ornaments, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack