Three more nabbed in bomb planting case during Advani`s tour
Madurai: A special investigating team on Tuesday arrested three more persons here in connection with planting of pipe bomb allegedly targeting BJP leader LK Advani during his "Jan Chetna Yatra" in 2011.
Those arrested have been identified as Mushtaba, Syeed and Durveese Mydeen, police said.
With this, the total number of arrests has risen to six.
Police said the trio had played a role in procuring raw materials and drawing plan for planting the bomb under a bridge at Aalam Patti on the Thenkasi road on October 28, 2011.
Police had detected and defused the bomb before Advani crossed the bridge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof