Three more nabbed in bomb planting case during Advani`s tour
Madurai: A special investigating team on Tuesday arrested three more persons here in connection with planting of pipe bomb allegedly targeting BJP leader LK Advani during his "Jan Chetna Yatra" in 2011.
Those arrested have been identified as Mushtaba, Syeed and Durveese Mydeen, police said.
With this, the total number of arrests has risen to six.
Police said the trio had played a role in procuring raw materials and drawing plan for planting the bomb under a bridge at Aalam Patti on the Thenkasi road on October 28, 2011.
Police had detected and defused the bomb before Advani crossed the bridge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand