Three more nabbed in bomb planting case during Advani`s tour
Madurai: A special investigating team on Tuesday arrested three more persons here in connection with planting of pipe bomb allegedly targeting BJP leader LK Advani during his "Jan Chetna Yatra" in 2011.
Those arrested have been identified as Mushtaba, Syeed and Durveese Mydeen, police said.
With this, the total number of arrests has risen to six.
Police said the trio had played a role in procuring raw materials and drawing plan for planting the bomb under a bridge at Aalam Patti on the Thenkasi road on October 28, 2011.
Police had detected and defused the bomb before Advani crossed the bridge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!