Three more nabbed in bomb planting case during Advani`s tour
Madurai: A special investigating team today arrested three more persons here in connection with planting of pipe bomb allegedly targeting BJP leader LK Advani during his "Jan Chetna Yatra" in 2011.
Those arrested have been identified as Mushtaba, Syeed and Durveese Mydeen, police said.
With this, the total number of arrests has rised to six.
Police said the trio had played a role in procuring raw materials and drawing plan for planting the bomb under a bridge at Aalam Patti on the Thenkasi road on October 28, 2011.
Police had detected and defused the bomb before Advani crossed the bridge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death