Three more nabbed in bomb planting case during Advani`s tour
Madurai: A special investigating team today arrested three more persons here in connection with planting of pipe bomb allegedly targeting BJP leader LK Advani during his "Jan Chetna Yatra" in 2011.
Those arrested have been identified as Mushtaba, Syeed and Durveese Mydeen, police said.
With this, the total number of arrests has rised to six.
Police said the trio had played a role in procuring raw materials and drawing plan for planting the bomb under a bridge at Aalam Patti on the Thenkasi road on October 28, 2011.
Police had detected and defused the bomb before Advani crossed the bridge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi