Three police teams formed to probe HC blast case
New Delhi: Delhi Police has constituted three
teams comprising 200 policemen to investigate the September 07 Delhi HC bomb blast case.
The teams, under Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime)
Ashok Chand, will also interact with the National
Investigation Agency (NIA), which has been entrusted with the
probe of the blast case, Delhi Police Commissioner BK Gupta
said here on Friday.
Meanwhile, sources said the police has received an e-mail
last night purportedly sent by Indian Mujahideen claiming
responsibility for the blast.
The police is also in the process of releasing a third
sketch of a blast suspect, the sources said.
According to the sources, the e-mail received last night
has a code word which could be deciphered as Ahmedabad being
the next target.
The blast has left 13 people dead and nearly 90 injured
in the terror attack outside the Delhi High Court.
Gupta said the three teams formed under Chand and Deputy
Commissioner of Police Arun Kampani will have regular
interactions with the NIA which is probing the blast case.
"They will interact with NIA. The teams will conduct
investigations and senior officials will be reviewing it every
third or fourth day. We have brought together best resources.
Officers who have experience in handling such cases have been
asked to join the group," he said.
Gupta said the teams have been given full "operational
freedom" to carry out the investigation.
He also said CCTV cameras will be installed in 44 places
in a month`s time.
ECIL, he said, will install them at various courts in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city