Three `porngate` MLAs barred from session: Speaker
Bangalore: The three ruling BJP MLAs facing
allegations of viewing porn clippings in the assembly will not
be allowed to attend the budget session commencing from March
20, Speaker K G Bopaiah said here on Thursday.
"Till the House Committee set up to probe the issue
submits its report and the House takes a decision on it, the
three MLAs can`t attend the session" he told reporters.
Asserting that there would be no compromise on the issue
of watching the clippings by the members, the Speaker, however
said he would leave the decision on report to the assembly.
The four-member all-BJP committee headed by Srishailappa
Bidarur is likely to submit its report to the Speaker on March
20 and will hold its final sitting tomorrow.
Lakshman Savadi, C C Patil and J Krishna Palemar resigned
as Ministers on February 7 a day after they were caught on
camera watching porn clipping in the Assembly with regional TV
channels telecasting their act which evoked public outrage.
Bopaiah had immediately suspended them from the then
The budget is slated to be presented on March 21 and the
session is scheduled to continue till March 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US