Three RAC personnel summoned for assaulting senior
New Delhi: Three Rajasthan Armed Constabulary (RAC) personnel, who were in 2010 deployed at the residence of a Delhi High Court judge, have been summoned by a court here for allegedly assaulting their senior officer after he pulled up one of them for not discharging his duties properly.
Metropolitan Magistrate Navita Kumari summoned three constables of RAC 11th Battalion, who were posted at Justice Kailash Ghambir`s residence in 2010, under section 452 (house trespass after preparation for hurt), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) IPC.
"Since a case under section 452, 323 and 34 (acting with common intention) IPC has been disclosed against the three accused, they be summoned for October 3, 2013," the court said.
The court also noted that the protection of sanction for their prosecution (section 197 CrPC) is not available to the trio, at present posted at Vijay Ghat here, because the criminal act of trespass and causing hurt could not be stated to be part of their official duty.
The court order came on a complaint filed by Anil Kumar, a head constable in the 11th Battalion of RAC, the state`s paramilitary force, on November 26, 2010 against his subordinates, constables Siyaram, Surjan Lal and Babu Lal.
Kumar, a native of Rajasthan, had said in his complaint that in October 2010, he was deputed at B-7, Dr Zakir Hussain Marg here as Guard Commandant for 10-12 days and the three accused and another constable were working under him.
The complainant said Siyaram was not doing his duty properly following which he was warned.
Kumar had alleged that due to the reprimand, Siyaram had nursed a grudge and on October 6, 2010, while he was asleep in the guardroom, the trio had attacked him with logs and kicked and punched him.
He had received injuries on his left eye, nose and forehead, Kumar had alleged, adding that all the accused then fled from the spot. The complainant had called the PCR and the cops had rushed him to the hospital.
One of the witnesses, Rajeev Chahar, who had gone to visit Kumar on the day of the incident, told the court that he saw the trio beating up Kumar and when he raised an alarm the accused fled from the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in