Three railway bribery case accused get bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court Monday granted bail to three accused in the Rs 10 crore railway bribery case in which former railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla was also arrested.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge Swarana Kanta Sharma granted bail to accused Rahul Yadav, Samir Sandhir and Sushil Daga on a personal bond of Rs 5 lakh each, along with two sureties each of the same amount.
The CBI opposed the bail pleas of accused in the case allegedly involving payment of bribe for a top railway board post.
The probe agency filed a charge sheet alleging that Yadav and Sandhir were involved in arranging the bribe money that was to be delivered to Singla.
Daga was associated with the work of arranging, transporting and payment of bribe money on behalf of co-accused and then member (staff) of railway board Mahesh Kumar who wanted a particular post, the CBI said.
In its charge sheet filed July 2, the probe agency alleged that Singla demanded Rs.10 crore from Mahesh Kumar for his appointment as member (electrical) in the board.
The agency said that it was decided between the accused that Rs 5 crore would be paid before the appointment and the rest of the money would be paid after the job was done.
All the 10 accused have been chargesheeted for the offence of criminal conspiracy under the penal code and relevant provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city