Three sworn-in as judges of Supreme Court
New Delhi: Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra, Chief Justice of the Jharkhand High Court, was Friday sworn-in as a judge of the Supreme Court alongwith two others, taking
the total strength of the apex court to 30.
The other two judges who were sworn-in alongwith Justice Sudha are Justice H L Gokhale, Chief Justice of the Madras High Court and Justice Anil R Dave of the Bombay High Court.
Justice Sudha is the sole woman judge in the present lot.
The three judges were sworn-in by the Chief Justice of India K G Balakrishnan at a function attended by family members of the newly sworn-in judges, advocates and other
members of the legal fraternity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa