Tighten security ahead of Eid: Centre to states
New Delhi: The Centre has asked all states to tighten security in sensitive places as communal elements may try to create trouble ahead of Eid.
"We have told all states to be alert, to be careful. The communal forces may create trouble," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said at a press conference here.
He was replying to a question whether the Home Ministry has sent any advisory to states ahead of the festival.
Asked whether he had taken steps for release of jailed Muslim youth accused of terror charges, the Home Minister said he had ordered gathering of information about such youth.
"We are getting information...How many of them are in judicial custody, how many are in police custody, where are they etc., etc. We are working on it," he said.
Asked whether he had got information whether Ishrat Jahan, who was killed in an alleged fake encounter in Gujarat in 2004, was a terrorist, Shinde said he had sought more information about Ishrat as he was not satisfied with the documents he had received so far.
On the reported difference between CBI, which is probing the Ishrat encounter killing case, and Intelligence Bureau, whose one of the officers was allegedly involved in the case, the Home Minister said both CBI and IB were doing their own job.
"There is no difference. They are working cordially. No one is sad," he said.
Shinde said government has decided to provide CISF security to Bodh Gaya, being a heritage as well as religious site and a national monument, which had been recently hit by a series of blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?