Tighten security ahead of Eid: Centre to states
New Delhi: The Centre has asked all states to tighten security in sensitive places as communal elements may try to create trouble ahead of Eid.
"We have told all states to be alert, to be careful. The communal forces may create trouble," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said at a press conference here.
He was replying to a question whether the Home Ministry has sent any advisory to states ahead of the festival.
Asked whether he had taken steps for release of jailed Muslim youth accused of terror charges, the Home Minister said he had ordered gathering of information about such youth.
"We are getting information...How many of them are in judicial custody, how many are in police custody, where are they etc., etc. We are working on it," he said.
Asked whether he had got information whether Ishrat Jahan, who was killed in an alleged fake encounter in Gujarat in 2004, was a terrorist, Shinde said he had sought more information about Ishrat as he was not satisfied with the documents he had received so far.
On the reported difference between CBI, which is probing the Ishrat encounter killing case, and Intelligence Bureau, whose one of the officers was allegedly involved in the case, the Home Minister said both CBI and IB were doing their own job.
"There is no difference. They are working cordially. No one is sad," he said.
Shinde said government has decided to provide CISF security to Bodh Gaya, being a heritage as well as religious site and a national monument, which had been recently hit by a series of blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says