Time for mid-term polls: Rajnath
Bareilly: Noting that the country Friday faced
internal and external security threats besides a serious economic crisis due to misguided policies of the UPA, former BJP president Rajnath Singh has demanded immediate midterm polls.
Singh told reporters here on the ninth day of his `Jan
Swamibhiman rally` that the UPA government led by Manmohan
Singh has failed to deliver and has lost faith of the people.
"The country is today faced with danger because of
corruption, scams and misguided UPA policies. Mid-term
elections should be immediately held," he said.
The BJP leader said the "so called pro-poor" Congress-led government has failed to define poverty.
To a question, he said the Anna Hazare`s movement is
totally apolitical and is a result of peoples` anger on the
On the new districts created by the Uttar Pradesh
government, he said it should be for social and economic
welfare and not for political reasons. He also advocated
setting up a district reorganisation committee.
He alleged that there was "total anarchy" in Uttar
Pradesh and said, "In the name of development, only statues
have been built and in these too there has been massive
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends