Time for mid-term polls: Rajnath
Bareilly: Noting that the country Friday faced
internal and external security threats besides a serious economic crisis due to misguided policies of the UPA, former BJP president Rajnath Singh has demanded immediate midterm polls.
Singh told reporters here on the ninth day of his `Jan
Swamibhiman rally` that the UPA government led by Manmohan
Singh has failed to deliver and has lost faith of the people.
"The country is today faced with danger because of
corruption, scams and misguided UPA policies. Mid-term
elections should be immediately held," he said.
The BJP leader said the "so called pro-poor" Congress-led government has failed to define poverty.
To a question, he said the Anna Hazare`s movement is
totally apolitical and is a result of peoples` anger on the
On the new districts created by the Uttar Pradesh
government, he said it should be for social and economic
welfare and not for political reasons. He also advocated
setting up a district reorganisation committee.
He alleged that there was "total anarchy" in Uttar
Pradesh and said, "In the name of development, only statues
have been built and in these too there has been massive
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price