Time for PM, Sonia Gandhi to step down: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: President of Janata Party Subramanian Swamy on Saturday said it is time for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi step down, after two Cabinet ministers resigned.
Earlier, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and Law Minister Ashwani Kumar, who were caught in the web of allegations of corruption and interference with graft probe, submitted their resignation on Friday evening.
Commenting further, he said: "The two cases are different. It is again proved that every Congress minister is corrupt. Half their ministers are in the quest of getting their collars clean, then how do you expect them to have time to think about the commoners. An enquiry has also been ordered against Chidambaram."
"Nobody will be spared. Even if the Prime Minister is clean things have happened around him, and he has maintained silence... Hence Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi should resign," concluded Swamy.
Meanwhile, senior Communist Party of India (CPM) leader Atul Anjan commenting on the same issue and accused the ruling Congress of mismanagement amongst their own party.
Anjan said: "Congress have twisted the rules, they have been protagonists of most of the scams, one of their ministers had to be forced by the Supreme Court to resign. They cannot manage their own party nor can they manage the Cabinet, they are good for nothing."
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court