Time for PM, Sonia Gandhi to step down: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: President of Janata Party Subramanian Swamy on Saturday said it is time for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi step down, after two Cabinet ministers resigned.
Earlier, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and Law Minister Ashwani Kumar, who were caught in the web of allegations of corruption and interference with graft probe, submitted their resignation on Friday evening.
Commenting further, he said: "The two cases are different. It is again proved that every Congress minister is corrupt. Half their ministers are in the quest of getting their collars clean, then how do you expect them to have time to think about the commoners. An enquiry has also been ordered against Chidambaram."
"Nobody will be spared. Even if the Prime Minister is clean things have happened around him, and he has maintained silence... Hence Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi should resign," concluded Swamy.
Meanwhile, senior Communist Party of India (CPM) leader Atul Anjan commenting on the same issue and accused the ruling Congress of mismanagement amongst their own party.
Anjan said: "Congress have twisted the rules, they have been protagonists of most of the scams, one of their ministers had to be forced by the Supreme Court to resign. They cannot manage their own party nor can they manage the Cabinet, they are good for nothing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read