Time report deliberate attempt to attack PM: Ravi
Kochi: Union Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi on Monday said `Time` magazine`s criticism of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was a `deliberate attempt` to malign the UPA government and attack him.
It is a `deliberate attempt by a section instigated by the multinationals`..... They are trying to frighten the investors and provoke the Prime Minister`, he told reporters here.
"Foreign countries cannot dictate our economic policies. It cannot be accepted. This is a desperate attempt. We do not approve such actions by media and multinationals`, he said.
`This is a frontal attack on the Prime minister. Their criticisms are not acceptable to the government of India`.
The remarks were in response to questions on Time magazine Asia edition report on Dr Singh, describing him as an `underachiever.`
On Foreign Direct Investment in the Retail sector, the minister said government would not take any steps to jeopardise the domestic retail sector.
He pointed out that International credit rating agency S&P had earlier described Dr Singh as `unelected leader`.
Ravi said the `Time` had earlier featured Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and had praised him. `I do not want to make any personal comment against modi. But after the Gujarat riots, the problems still exist`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony