Time to oust Congress-led governments: Fadnavis
Thane: Newly-elected Maharashtra Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Devendra Fadnavis has appealed people to oust the Congress-led governments in the state and the Centre, in the next elections, as both are steeped in corruption.
"Just as Lord Sri Krishna used the Sudharshan Chakra to kill many demons... In the same way you citizens should use the weapon of votes to kill the Congress-led governments," he urged.
He was addressing his first public meeting on Friday night after getting elected to the office at Palghar, where he released a book on the journey of Dahanu-Curchgate local written by senior BJP leader and former Union minister Ram Naik.
"The entire country and state is reeling under problems due to the fault of the government and the rulers…whether it’s the problem of rampant corruption, law and order issues, paucity of employment...It has been a total failure," he said.
Fadnavis said that time has now come for the citizens "to tame the elephant which has gone wild."
Further attacking the Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra, the state BJP chief termed it as "non-cultured, non-tolerant and totally drowned in corruption."
On the Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI alliance, he said that they would continue to work together.
To a question on Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray`s comment on BJP`s defeat in Karnataka, which was anti-Marathi, Phadnavis said that it was the Congress and the RJD which had troubled Marathi speaking people most.
With regard to selection of candidates for forthcoming elections, he said the party would conduct study of each constituency and candidate, and decide based on their profile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet
- Why red snow of Arctic is a 'red alert' for the environment?
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe