Time to oust Congress-led governments: Fadnavis
Thane: Newly-elected Maharashtra Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Devendra Fadnavis has appealed people to oust the Congress-led governments in the state and the Centre, in the next elections, as both are steeped in corruption.
"Just as Lord Sri Krishna used the Sudharshan Chakra to kill many demons... In the same way you citizens should use the weapon of votes to kill the Congress-led governments," he urged.
He was addressing his first public meeting on Friday night after getting elected to the office at Palghar, where he released a book on the journey of Dahanu-Curchgate local written by senior BJP leader and former Union minister Ram Naik.
"The entire country and state is reeling under problems due to the fault of the government and the rulers…whether it’s the problem of rampant corruption, law and order issues, paucity of employment...It has been a total failure," he said.
Fadnavis said that time has now come for the citizens "to tame the elephant which has gone wild."
Further attacking the Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra, the state BJP chief termed it as "non-cultured, non-tolerant and totally drowned in corruption."
On the Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI alliance, he said that they would continue to work together.
To a question on Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray`s comment on BJP`s defeat in Karnataka, which was anti-Marathi, Phadnavis said that it was the Congress and the RJD which had troubled Marathi speaking people most.
With regard to selection of candidates for forthcoming elections, he said the party would conduct study of each constituency and candidate, and decide based on their profile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31