Time to reflect upon what Gandhiji stood for: TKA Nair
New Delhi: Noting that most people are consumed by their own little priorities, Prime Minister`s Advisor TKA Nair Wednesday stressed on the need for imbibing Gandhian principle of trusteeship while managing state firms.
"Those who are good in the company, those who are looking after one or the other aspects of the economy of the country, they do that in trusteeship.
"You are not owners of what you manage but you hold that in trust...The concept of trusteeship is so relevant for the management of the PSUs," Nair said at a function here to mark the 65th death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Though it has become "inevitable" to look after one`s own priorities in the present circumstances, he said, there was a need to reflect upon Gandhi`s sacrifices.
"We are living now in such circumstances that most of the time, most of us are consumed by our own little priorities, our own problems in life.
"Needless to say, it is inevitable. But on occasions like this, we have the time to reflect upon what Mahatma Gandhi stood for. Not the supreme sacrifices that he made but also the example that he set," the senior bureaucrat said.
Noted Gandhian Shobhana Radhakrishna highlighted areas, which the Father of the Nation had followed and practised each and every moment of his life, where corporate India can take a cue from and make it a better world for everyone.
She also talked about Gandhi`s ethical leadership, values and sterling qualities by co-relating them with the core values of the companies for increasing efficiency and performance in global business environment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply