Time to reflect upon what Gandhiji stood for: TKA Nair
New Delhi: Noting that most people are consumed by their own little priorities, Prime Minister`s Advisor TKA Nair Wednesday stressed on the need for imbibing Gandhian principle of trusteeship while managing state firms.
"Those who are good in the company, those who are looking after one or the other aspects of the economy of the country, they do that in trusteeship.
"You are not owners of what you manage but you hold that in trust...The concept of trusteeship is so relevant for the management of the PSUs," Nair said at a function here to mark the 65th death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Though it has become "inevitable" to look after one`s own priorities in the present circumstances, he said, there was a need to reflect upon Gandhi`s sacrifices.
"We are living now in such circumstances that most of the time, most of us are consumed by our own little priorities, our own problems in life.
"Needless to say, it is inevitable. But on occasions like this, we have the time to reflect upon what Mahatma Gandhi stood for. Not the supreme sacrifices that he made but also the example that he set," the senior bureaucrat said.
Noted Gandhian Shobhana Radhakrishna highlighted areas, which the Father of the Nation had followed and practised each and every moment of his life, where corporate India can take a cue from and make it a better world for everyone.
She also talked about Gandhi`s ethical leadership, values and sterling qualities by co-relating them with the core values of the companies for increasing efficiency and performance in global business environment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen