Time to resolve border dispute, says China premier Li Keqiang to AK Antony
Beijing: China will enhance strategic trust and boost practical cooperation with India to further promote bilateral ties, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang told visiting Defence Minister A K Antony on Friday.
In his meeting with Antony, Li said both China and India have the political willingness to appropriately address border issues through dialogues and consultations to jointly maintain peace, tranquillity and stability in border areas.
This will "help ensure the achievement of common development of the two countries," said Li.
Li said, he hopes the two militaries will increase exchanges and boost cooperation to play an active role in cementing the strategic partnership between the two countries.
China and India are both neighbours and partners, and the friendly neighbourhood as well as their joint push for common prosperity benefits not only the two nations, but also Asia and the world at large, he said.
He said the cooperation between China and India, both countries with populations exceeding a billion, will generate great opportunities and serve as a driving force for the development of the two countries, South Asia and the whole world.
Recalling Li`s visit to India in May, Antony, who is on a four-day official visit here, said the premier`s tour was a historic milestone in bilateral ties.
The leaders of the two countries reached important consensus on advancing bilateral ties, expanding cooperation and maintaining peace in border areas, the Xinhua report quoted Antony as saying.
The Indian side will make joint efforts with China to further advance bilateral ties in a comprehensive way, Antony said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark