Timeline of Aarushi-Hemraj murder case
May 16, 2008: Aarushi Talwar, the daughter of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, found dead with her throat slit in the bedroom of her Noida home. Nepalese domestic help Hemraj suspected of murder.
May 17: Body of Hemraj found on the terrace of the Talwar house.
May 18: Police say murders were conducted with surgical precision, insider job suspected.
May 23: Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar arrested for double murder.
May 31: Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) takes over case.
June 13: Krishna, Rajesh Talwar`s compounder, arrested by the CBI. Ten days later, Raj Kumar, the servant of a doctor friend of the Talwars, and Vijay Mandal, the domestic help of Talwars` neighbour, were also nabbed.
July 12: Rajesh given bail by a Ghaziabad court after CBI fails to present evidence against him.
Jan 5, 2010: CBI moves court to conduct narco test on Talwar couple.
Dec 29: The CBI files closure report, stating Rajesh is the main suspect, but there is not enough evidence against him.
Jan 25, 2011: Rajesh Talwar attacked in Ghaziabad court premises.
Feb 9: A special Ghaziabad court rejects CBI`s closure report and orders that Rajesh and Nupur Talwar be tried for Aarushi`s murder. The couple also face allegations of destruction of evidence. A CBI special court in Ghaziabad issues bailable warrants against the couple for not being present in court.
March 14, 2012: The CBI argues in court for cancellation of Rajesh Talwar`s bail.
April 30: Nupur Talwar arrested.
May 3: Sessions court rejects Nupur Talwar`s bail plea.
May 25: Rajesh and Nupur Talwar charged by Ghaziabad court with murder, destruction of evidence and conspiracy.
Sep 25: Nupur Talwar released on bail on the Supreme Court`s order.
April 2013: CBI officer tells court that Aarushi and Hemraj were killed by the Talwars. CBI also tells court that Aarushi and Hemraj were found in an objectionable, compromising position.
May 3: Defence counsel pleads before a special court to summon 14 people, including former CBI joint director Arun Kumar as witness. CBI opposes the plea.
May 6: Trial court dismisses Talwar`s petition for summoning 14 witnesses. It orders recording of statements of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
Oct 18: CBI closes arguments, says Talwars "misled" investigators.
Nov 12: Court reserves verdict in the case for November 25.
Nov 25: Court to deliver verdict in double-murder case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know