Timers used in Bodh Gaya blasts made in Gujarat, finds probe
New Delhi: The timers used to trigger explosions in Bodh Gaya were bought from a shop in Guwahati and were manufactured in Gujarat, investigators have found.
Sources said sleuths of the National Investigation Agency, which is probing the July 7 blasts in one of the most sacred Buddhist sites, have found that clocks attached with the unexploded bombs were manufactured in a plant in Rajkot, Gujarat.
The entire lot of the clocks was sent to Guwahati and a few of the clocks were bought from a shop there by a buyer, they said.
The sources, however, said involvement of local hands cannot be ignored as the cylinders tied with the bombs were most probably procured locally in Bihar.
Investigators got enough indications that people with mongoloid features could be involved in carrying out the explosions, the sources said, hinting that involvement of Myanmar`s Rohingiya Muslims cannot be ruled out.
There were reports that the multiple blasts were reaction to the alleged violence against minorities in Myanmar`s Rakhine province.
Two monks were injured following the early morning explosions of 10 bombs in Bodhgaya. Three other bombs were found unexploded.
The temple and the Bodhi Tree, under which Lord Buddha is believed to have attained enlightenment, did not suffer any damage in the blasts which shook the holy town frequented by Buddhist pilgrims from Sri Lanka, Myanmar, China, Japan and the whole of southeast Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog