Tirath to attend C`wealth Women`s Affairs Ministerial meet
New Delhi: The forthcoming meeting of the Women`s Affairs Minsters` of Commonwealth countries in Bangladesh will deliberate on measures for achieving gender equality and women empowerment.
The meet, which would be attended by Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath, will also act as a platform for exchange of views on key issues of practical policy concern, said a government statement on Friday.
The conference will be held between June 17 to 19 in Dhaka, providing an opportunity to share and develop a collective Commonwealth perspective on the emerging post-2015 Global Development Agenda.
Tirath will be leading a team of officials from her Ministry at the forum which would also discuss priorities for the End Term Review Report of the Commonwealth Plan of Action for Gender Equality 2005-2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- At least 271 killed or missing in China rains, 59,000 troops deployed
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification this week; August salary as per new pay matrix
- Micromax announces new laptop series
- US, China hold NSA-level talks after South China Sea verdict
- Quikr acquires Hiree, to focus on innovating in jobs space