Tirupati darshan gets easier, tickets now available online
Zee Media Bureau
Tirupati: Offering prayers at the revered Lord Venkateshwara temple in Tirupati just got easier with the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) making darshan tickets available online from Wednesday.
Costing Rs 300, the special darshan ticket made available online is aimed at reducing the waiting period encountered by devotees at the temple, which is visited by lakhs of pilgrims every month.
A total of 5000 tickets will be sold on the Internet as well as at nine identified `E-DARSHAN’ counters run by the TTD.
The online facility is being started on a pilot basis to check its effectiveness and would be made a permanent facility after the glitches, if any, are removed.
Devotees who buy the special tickets today will get darshan on August 27 for two hours starting 2.00 PM.
Governed by Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams trust, the Venkateshwara temple in Tirumala is located in the hills of Chittoor district in Andhra Pradesh. It is the richest temple of India in terms of revenues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok