Tirupati idols, prasad for Barack Obama
Hyderabad: The governing body of the
Tirumala temple at Tirupati is planning to present a golden
idol of Lord Venkateswara and `prasad` to US President Barack
"The organisers of `Kalyanotsavam` (a special puja) at
New Jersey are planning to invite Obama. We also want to
present him a golden idol of Lord Venkateshwara," chairman of
the governing body of D K Adikesavulu Naidu told reporters
"He (Obama) believes in Hinduism, Lord Hanuman and the
teachings of Mahatma Gandhi. We also want to give him `laddu
prasadam`, our publications, everything we can give him," he
Naidu said he would seek an appointment with Obama if
he does not attend the function at New Jersey.
The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam, the governing body,
would organise `Kalyanotsavam` at various places in the
country to propagate Hindu philosophy, he said.
On April 21, the `Kalyanotsavam` would be held in New
Delhi, he said but did not announce the date for the New
Naidu said security arrangements are being spruced up
but there is no specific information of any threat.
He also said a dress code for the employees will be
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!