Tirupati temple idols to be brought to Delhi
New Delhi: The idols of Lord Sri
Venkateswara of the famous Tirupati temple in Andhra Pradesh
will be brought to the capital for a special ceremony next
The `ursava murthis` or processional idols of Lord Sri
Venkateswara, Laxmi and Padmavati will be brought to the
capital from Tirupati for `Kalyana Mahotsavam` puja.
The idols are being brought to the capital for the
celestial `Kalyanama Mahotsavam` or the symbolic wedding of
Lord Venketeswara with Laxmi and Padmavati. The idols are made
of five metals and embedded with precious stones.
About 40 priests, including the head priest, will
escort the idols from Tirupati to Delhi.
"Traditionally, devotees go to seek blessings of the
Lord but this time the Lord is coming to bless his devotees.
Actually, there are a lot of aged people who cannot make it
to Tirupati so these idols have been brought here," N
Rajesekhara Babu, an organiser, said.
Kalyana Mahotsavam puja is performed daily for about
three hours in Tirupati and it is for the fourth time that
such a ceremony is being organised in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you