Tiwari challenges HC order of DNA test in paternity suit
New Delhi: Veteran Congress leader N D
Tiwari on Monday approached the Delhi High Court challenging its
order directing him to undergo DNA test on a suit filed by a
young man claiming to be his biological son.
Challenging the HC single bench`s order, Tiwari filed
an appeal before a Division Bench saying he cannot be directed
to undergo test.
Tiwari, who had held the posts of Chief Minister of
undivided Uttar Pradesh and later Uttarakhand, opposed the
paternity suit filed by 31-year-old Rohit Shekhar claiming to
be the biological son born out of a relationship between his
mother Ujjwala Sharma and the leader.
Tiwari, who had last year resigned as Governor in the
midst of allegations of sexual misconduct, had countered the
charges claiming that he never had any physical relationship
with Ujjwala, who is also a Congress activist, and Rohit was
not entitled to seek a DNA test as a matter of right.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!