Tiwari challenges HC order of DNA test in paternity suit
New Delhi: Veteran Congress leader N D
Tiwari on Monday approached the Delhi High Court challenging its
order directing him to undergo DNA test on a suit filed by a
young man claiming to be his biological son.
Challenging the HC single bench`s order, Tiwari filed
an appeal before a Division Bench saying he cannot be directed
to undergo test.
Tiwari, who had held the posts of Chief Minister of
undivided Uttar Pradesh and later Uttarakhand, opposed the
paternity suit filed by 31-year-old Rohit Shekhar claiming to
be the biological son born out of a relationship between his
mother Ujjwala Sharma and the leader.
Tiwari, who had last year resigned as Governor in the
midst of allegations of sexual misconduct, had countered the
charges claiming that he never had any physical relationship
with Ujjwala, who is also a Congress activist, and Rohit was
not entitled to seek a DNA test as a matter of right.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you