Tiwari challenges HC order of DNA test in paternity suit
New Delhi: Veteran Congress leader N D
Tiwari on Monday approached the Delhi High Court challenging its
order directing him to undergo DNA test on a suit filed by a
young man claiming to be his biological son.
Challenging the HC single bench`s order, Tiwari filed
an appeal before a Division Bench saying he cannot be directed
to undergo test.
Tiwari, who had held the posts of Chief Minister of
undivided Uttar Pradesh and later Uttarakhand, opposed the
paternity suit filed by 31-year-old Rohit Shekhar claiming to
be the biological son born out of a relationship between his
mother Ujjwala Sharma and the leader.
Tiwari, who had last year resigned as Governor in the
midst of allegations of sexual misconduct, had countered the
charges claiming that he never had any physical relationship
with Ujjwala, who is also a Congress activist, and Rohit was
not entitled to seek a DNA test as a matter of right.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM