Tiwari exits Lokpal panel; Lalu, Amar next?
New Delhi: Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari on Wednesday recused himself from the Parliamentary Standing Committee that is examining the Lokpal Bill, hours before the panel’s term is set to expire.
Tiwari’s action came amid reports that he, along with RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav and former SP general secretary Amar Singh, would be left out of the committee when it is reconstituted soon.
It may be noted that Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari had launched a personal attack on Anna Hazare, and the Congress was not keen on him continuing to be part of future discussions that the Standing Committee would have with Team Anna members on the Lokpal Bill.
Amar Singh and Lalu Yadav, on the other hand, had come under attack from Team Anna during their recent Lokpal campaign. Team Anna had questioned their anti-corruption credentials, as the two themselves are facing court cases involving corruption.
Meanwhile, Congress’ Abhishek Manu Singhvi is likely to continue as the chairman of the 31-member Standing Committee on law and justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach