Tiwari exits Lokpal panel; Lalu, Amar next?
New Delhi: Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari on Wednesday recused himself from the Parliamentary Standing Committee that is examining the Lokpal Bill, hours before the panel’s term is set to expire.
Tiwari’s action came amid reports that he, along with RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav and former SP general secretary Amar Singh, would be left out of the committee when it is reconstituted soon.
It may be noted that Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari had launched a personal attack on Anna Hazare, and the Congress was not keen on him continuing to be part of future discussions that the Standing Committee would have with Team Anna members on the Lokpal Bill.
Amar Singh and Lalu Yadav, on the other hand, had come under attack from Team Anna during their recent Lokpal campaign. Team Anna had questioned their anti-corruption credentials, as the two themselves are facing court cases involving corruption.
Meanwhile, Congress’ Abhishek Manu Singhvi is likely to continue as the chairman of the 31-member Standing Committee on law and justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas