TMC opposes diesel hike, demands rollback
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress, a key constituent of UPA, on Thursday opposed the hike in diesel price saying it was not consulted on the step and demanded its rollback.
"We were not consulted for this and we are unhappy with the diesel price hike decision," Railway Minister Mukul Roy told PTI from Kolkata.
Roy`s reaction came after a decision of the Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs. Roy is a member of CCPA but he did not attend today`s meeting.
He said the party is opposed to any price rise because it is not in the interest of the common man. "This sort of decision will hit the common man," Roy said.
His party colleague Kunal Ghosh was more upfront in attacking the government and demanded immediate rollback.
"We are shocked to hear this. We are not part of the decision. Government should roll back the decision," Ghosh said.
Ghosh added "we are not informed about the decision (diesel hike) by the government but we came to know from the media only."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31