TMC opposes diesel hike, demands rollback
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress, a key constituent of UPA, on Thursday opposed the hike in diesel price saying it was not consulted on the step and demanded its rollback.
"We were not consulted for this and we are unhappy with the diesel price hike decision," Railway Minister Mukul Roy told PTI from Kolkata.
Roy`s reaction came after a decision of the Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs. Roy is a member of CCPA but he did not attend today`s meeting.
He said the party is opposed to any price rise because it is not in the interest of the common man. "This sort of decision will hit the common man," Roy said.
His party colleague Kunal Ghosh was more upfront in attacking the government and demanded immediate rollback.
"We are shocked to hear this. We are not part of the decision. Government should roll back the decision," Ghosh said.
Ghosh added "we are not informed about the decision (diesel hike) by the government but we came to know from the media only."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals