TMC showed no courtesy: Congress
Kolkata: The Congress on Monday accused the ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal of not showing any courtesy to the three MPs from the state inducted into the Union Council of Ministers in yesterday`s ministerial reshuffle.
"We expected minimum courtesy from them. But they showed no courtesy at all," Bhuniya told reporters here today.
Congress MPs Adhir Chowdhury, Deepa Dasmunshi and A H Khan Chowdhury were sworn in as Union ministers yesterday.
Bhuniya said the reaction expressed by seasoned and experienced leaders of Trinamool yesterday was "shocking."
"Trinamool had deserted the Congress. We have not asked them to leave. They left on their own," he said.
The people had voted for the TMC-Congress alliance seeking change and for ushering in development in the state, he said, "But it is surprising that they deprived the people of the long-cherished desire of development of Bengal which they destroyed."
TMC leader Saugata Roy had yesterday said the "induction of the three (Congress MPs) who were critics of Mamata Banerjee was only to needle the party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday