TMC showed no courtesy: Congress
Kolkata: The Congress on Monday accused the ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal of not showing any courtesy to the three MPs from the state inducted into the Union Council of Ministers in yesterday`s ministerial reshuffle.
"We expected minimum courtesy from them. But they showed no courtesy at all," Bhuniya told reporters here today.
Congress MPs Adhir Chowdhury, Deepa Dasmunshi and A H Khan Chowdhury were sworn in as Union ministers yesterday.
Bhuniya said the reaction expressed by seasoned and experienced leaders of Trinamool yesterday was "shocking."
"Trinamool had deserted the Congress. We have not asked them to leave. They left on their own," he said.
The people had voted for the TMC-Congress alliance seeking change and for ushering in development in the state, he said, "But it is surprising that they deprived the people of the long-cherished desire of development of Bengal which they destroyed."
TMC leader Saugata Roy had yesterday said the "induction of the three (Congress MPs) who were critics of Mamata Banerjee was only to needle the party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video