TMC showed no courtesy: Congress
Kolkata: The Congress on Monday accused the ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal of not showing any courtesy to the three MPs from the state inducted into the Union Council of Ministers in yesterday`s ministerial reshuffle.
"We expected minimum courtesy from them. But they showed no courtesy at all," Bhuniya told reporters here today.
Congress MPs Adhir Chowdhury, Deepa Dasmunshi and A H Khan Chowdhury were sworn in as Union ministers yesterday.
Bhuniya said the reaction expressed by seasoned and experienced leaders of Trinamool yesterday was "shocking."
"Trinamool had deserted the Congress. We have not asked them to leave. They left on their own," he said.
The people had voted for the TMC-Congress alliance seeking change and for ushering in development in the state, he said, "But it is surprising that they deprived the people of the long-cherished desire of development of Bengal which they destroyed."
TMC leader Saugata Roy had yesterday said the "induction of the three (Congress MPs) who were critics of Mamata Banerjee was only to needle the party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!