TMC showed no courtesy: Congress
Kolkata: The Congress on Monday accused the ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal of not showing any courtesy to the three MPs from the state inducted into the Union Council of Ministers in yesterday`s ministerial reshuffle.
"We expected minimum courtesy from them. But they showed no courtesy at all," Bhuniya told reporters here today.
Congress MPs Adhir Chowdhury, Deepa Dasmunshi and A H Khan Chowdhury were sworn in as Union ministers yesterday.
Bhuniya said the reaction expressed by seasoned and experienced leaders of Trinamool yesterday was "shocking."
"Trinamool had deserted the Congress. We have not asked them to leave. They left on their own," he said.
The people had voted for the TMC-Congress alliance seeking change and for ushering in development in the state, he said, "But it is surprising that they deprived the people of the long-cherished desire of development of Bengal which they destroyed."
TMC leader Saugata Roy had yesterday said the "induction of the three (Congress MPs) who were critics of Mamata Banerjee was only to needle the party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state