TMC, Telangana MPs stage dharna in Parliament complex
New Delhi: MPs from Trinamool Congress and Telangana on Wednesday staged a dharna in the Parliament House complex over various issues.
Trinamool MPs staged the dharna at the Gandhi statue in front of the main entrance of Parliament protesting against implementation of FDI in multi-brand retail and raised slogans against the Centre.
Seven MPs from Telangana sat at the main entrance of Parliament House demanding the creation of a separate state.
They raised slogans in support of their demand and sat for around 15 minutes just before the House met on the opening day of the Winter Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured