TMC to move resolution on FDI in Parliament
Kolkata: A day after pulling out from UPA-II government, Trinamool Congress on Saturday decided to move a resolution on foreign direct investment(FDI) in the upcoming session of the Parliament.
"We have decided to move a resolution on FDI in the next session of Parliament," senior party leader and former minister of state for Urban Development Sougata Roy said after a meeting of the party`s ex-central ministers except Mukul Roy with Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee at the state secretariat here.
The party MPs had also decided to stage a demonstration in New Delhi on September 26, he said.
Commenting on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s address to the nation yesterday, Roy said, "It was unexpected as such speeches are usually given on August 15 and in times of external emergency. The speech was also not inspiring at all."
TMC MP and former railway minister Dinesh Trivedi, who had an unceremonious exit from the ministry for hiking passenger fares, was also present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof