`TMC will emerge as third largest party after LS polls`
Kolkata: Putting up a brave front after the Ram Lila Maidan rally fiasco, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday claimed her Trinamool Congress would emerge as the third largest party and play a big role in national politics after the Lok Sabha polls.
"There are two big parties Congress and BJP in our country
for a long time. And, know it that Trinamool Congress will emerge as the third largest party," Banerjee told reporters at the airport here on her return from Delhi.
The rally at the Ramlila Ground in Delhi, billed as a platform to launch Banerjee`s national ambitions with Anna Hazare on the dais, fizzled out with the anti-corruption crusader giving it a miss.
Claiming that the party would surge from the state, Banerjee said "Trinamool Congress will have a vital role in national politics with the blessings of Ma, Mati, Manush."
She said TMC is fighting in all 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal against CPI(M), Congress and BJP. "We believe that there will be a people`s jote (alliance) and not an unholy jote (alliance)."
She said her party would also contest in Tripura, Assam, Jharkhand and Bihar and in some seats in Orissa, apart from Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh.
She said yesteryear cine star Biswajeet Chatterjee would contest from Delhi and names of other nominees to fight from various states would be released gradually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- 'Indian economy stands out amongst emerging markets'
- Indian Cricket Coach Selection: Ravi Shastri 'done' with Indian cricket team, wants to move on
- Chancellor Angela Merkel tells Britain no 'cherry-picking' in Brexit talks
- Shiv Sena questions Modi over his black money promise
- Water tanker scam: ACB trying to arrest me, says Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra