Toddler’s murder: Gurshan`s parents to leave for India
Melbourne: Parents of three-year-old Indian toddler who was "killed" here on March 4, will leave for India tonight with the child`s body to perform the last rites.
They are likely to reach India tomorrow and the last
rites are expected to be performed on Monday in Faridkot town
Gurshan`s father, Harjit, said he would discuss the
possibility of return to Australia with his parents who are
coming down from Canada to attend the funeral.
"We might come back after enrolling in a course but
have not decided yet," he told.
He said he was sad and angry about the incident which
happened with his son.
He asked media to question the accused on why and what
made him do such heinous crime.
Meanwhile, a memorial service was today held for
Gurshan which was attended by Indian Council General Anita
Nair and leading members of the Indian community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray