Toddler’s murder: Gurshan`s parents to leave for India
Melbourne: Parents of three-year-old Indian toddler who was "killed" here on March 4, will leave for India tonight with the child`s body to perform the last rites.
They are likely to reach India tomorrow and the last
rites are expected to be performed on Monday in Faridkot town
Gurshan`s father, Harjit, said he would discuss the
possibility of return to Australia with his parents who are
coming down from Canada to attend the funeral.
"We might come back after enrolling in a course but
have not decided yet," he told.
He said he was sad and angry about the incident which
happened with his son.
He asked media to question the accused on why and what
made him do such heinous crime.
Meanwhile, a memorial service was today held for
Gurshan which was attended by Indian Council General Anita
Nair and leading members of the Indian community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know