Togadia threatens stir against Muslim OBC quota
Kanpur: Opposing the 4.5 per cent reservation
to Muslims within the OBC quota, Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader
Praveen Togadia today accused the UPA government and the
Congress party of ignoring the interests of Hindus and
threatened to launch an agitation against the decision.
"The Centre and Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi
were trying to appease the Muslim community which was against
the interests of backward Hindus. This is a violation of the
democratic rights of the majority Hindus and the VHP would
agitate against it," Togadia told reporters after a meeting of
students organised by the Kanpur branch of the VHP.
He accused the government of bowing to the Muslim vote
bank and said that granting reservation to Muslims within the
OBC quota would hurt the interests and rights of backward
The VHP leader threatened to launch a nationwide
agitation and go to the courts if the government does not
reverse the decision.
Yesterday in Lucknow, Togadia had demanded the rejection
of recommendations of Sachar Committee and Ranganath Mishra
He refused to answer any questions on the inclusion of
tainted ex-BSP leader Babu Singh Kushwaha in the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!