Togadia threatens stir against Muslim OBC quota
Kanpur: Opposing the 4.5 per cent reservation
to Muslims within the OBC quota, Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader
Praveen Togadia today accused the UPA government and the
Congress party of ignoring the interests of Hindus and
threatened to launch an agitation against the decision.
"The Centre and Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi
were trying to appease the Muslim community which was against
the interests of backward Hindus. This is a violation of the
democratic rights of the majority Hindus and the VHP would
agitate against it," Togadia told reporters after a meeting of
students organised by the Kanpur branch of the VHP.
He accused the government of bowing to the Muslim vote
bank and said that granting reservation to Muslims within the
OBC quota would hurt the interests and rights of backward
The VHP leader threatened to launch a nationwide
agitation and go to the courts if the government does not
reverse the decision.
Yesterday in Lucknow, Togadia had demanded the rejection
of recommendations of Sachar Committee and Ranganath Mishra
He refused to answer any questions on the inclusion of
tainted ex-BSP leader Babu Singh Kushwaha in the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future