Togadia threatens stir against Muslim OBC quota
Kanpur: Opposing the 4.5 per cent reservation
to Muslims within the OBC quota, Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader
Praveen Togadia today accused the UPA government and the
Congress party of ignoring the interests of Hindus and
threatened to launch an agitation against the decision.
"The Centre and Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi
were trying to appease the Muslim community which was against
the interests of backward Hindus. This is a violation of the
democratic rights of the majority Hindus and the VHP would
agitate against it," Togadia told reporters after a meeting of
students organised by the Kanpur branch of the VHP.
He accused the government of bowing to the Muslim vote
bank and said that granting reservation to Muslims within the
OBC quota would hurt the interests and rights of backward
The VHP leader threatened to launch a nationwide
agitation and go to the courts if the government does not
reverse the decision.
Yesterday in Lucknow, Togadia had demanded the rejection
of recommendations of Sachar Committee and Ranganath Mishra
He refused to answer any questions on the inclusion of
tainted ex-BSP leader Babu Singh Kushwaha in the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview