Togadia to appear before SIT on Monday
Ahmedabad: VHP leader Pravin Togadia will
appear before the Supreme Court-constituted Special
Investigation Team (SIT) for questioning tomorrow in
connection with the complaint of Zakia Jaffery, whose husband
was among 69 killed at Gulburg Society here during 2002 riots.
"I will appear before the SIT on Monday," Togadia said. He said he has informed the SIT that he would appear
before it on May 10.
Togadia is one of the 63 persons who have been named
by Zakia in her complaint regarding the massacre in Gulbarg
Society which claimed her husband and former Congress MP Ehsan
Jaffery among others in 2002 riots.
The VHP leader was called for questioning by SIT on April
19. However he failed to appear before it.
Zakia has alleged Chief Minister Narendra Modi and 62
others, including his cabinet colleagues, police officials and
senior bureaucrats, aided and abetted the post-Godhra riots.
The investigating agency, headed by former CBI director R
K Raghavan, is probing the complaint of Zakia.
On March 27, Modi was also grilled by the SIT, which is
to submit its report to the apex court by May 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister