Togadia wants law for building of Ram temple
Vadodara: VHP leader Pravin Togadia on Sunday demanded enactment of a law by Parliament for building of a Ram temple in Ayodhya and said the construction of a mosque will "not be allowed" to take place at the disputed site.
"The construction of a mosque will not be allowed to take place in Ayodhya and only construction of Ram temple will take place in the entire 67 acres of land," he said after attending a religious function here.
Talking to the media, he demanded enactment of a law by Parliament for construction of a temple at the site.
The building of a temple in Ayodhya will "lead to emergence of a new ideology" after which no one will "dare to issue" a fatwa against singing of Vande Mataram, he said.
Togadia also criticised Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani and writer Arundhati Roy for "raising questions" on status of Jammu and Kashmir. He said there is need for "defeating" the ideology of those "advocating terrorism and extremism" which will stop raising of such questions.
Togadia alleged a "conspiracy" behind the arrest of religious leader Swami Aseemanand in connection with blast in Ajmer and linking of RSS leader Indresh Kumar to the incident.
He also came down heavily on Union Home Minister P Chidamabaram for using the word "saffron terror".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video