Togadia wants law for building of Ram temple
Vadodara: VHP leader Pravin Togadia on Sunday demanded enactment of a law by Parliament for building of a Ram temple in Ayodhya and said the construction of a mosque will "not be allowed" to take place at the disputed site.
"The construction of a mosque will not be allowed to take place in Ayodhya and only construction of Ram temple will take place in the entire 67 acres of land," he said after attending a religious function here.
Talking to the media, he demanded enactment of a law by Parliament for construction of a temple at the site.
The building of a temple in Ayodhya will "lead to emergence of a new ideology" after which no one will "dare to issue" a fatwa against singing of Vande Mataram, he said.
Togadia also criticised Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani and writer Arundhati Roy for "raising questions" on status of Jammu and Kashmir. He said there is need for "defeating" the ideology of those "advocating terrorism and extremism" which will stop raising of such questions.
Togadia alleged a "conspiracy" behind the arrest of religious leader Swami Aseemanand in connection with blast in Ajmer and linking of RSS leader Indresh Kumar to the incident.
He also came down heavily on Union Home Minister P Chidamabaram for using the word "saffron terror".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what