Told Rahul Gandhi reasons for my resignation from Maharashtra Cabinet: Narayan Rane
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Maharashtra`s Industries Minister Narayan Rane who quit Prithviraj Chavan Cabinet recently, met Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi here on Thursday.
After the meeting he said that he had come to tell Rahul the reasons for his resignation.
Rane also said, “Rahul will meet Sonia Gandhi later today and convey me about any decision taken,” ANI reported.
Upset at Congress leadership not `honouring its commitment` to make him the Chief Minister, Rane quit the Maharashtra Cabinet on July 21. He had also lashed out at incumbent Chavan, saying the party`s prospects in Assembly elections under him appeared bleak.
Rane, however, said he would continue in the Congress.
A former Shiv Sena chief minister, Rane was said to be lobbying hard to ensure Chavan`s exit but apparently decided to quit as minister as the party high command appeared in no mood to heed his demand.
"Congress has not honoured the commitment it made. I was told I will be made CM in six months. But in nine years the promise has not been kept," Rane, who had been publicly claiming he was assured of chief minister`s post when he quit Shiv Sena to join Congress in 2005, told reporters, PTI reported.
He said his supporters were not made MLCs, given ministerial positions or made heads of the state-owned corporations or boards.
For Chavan he had this to say - "Victory in upcoming assembly elections under the Chief Minister`s leadership is difficult. He has a clean image but decision- making is slow, implementation of decisions already taken is tardy. This affects the people who made known their displeasure with the government in Lok Sabha polls.”
With Agency inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know