Told Rahul Gandhi reasons for my resignation from Maharashtra Cabinet: Narayan Rane
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Maharashtra`s Industries Minister Narayan Rane who quit Prithviraj Chavan Cabinet recently, met Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi here on Thursday.
After the meeting he said that he had come to tell Rahul the reasons for his resignation.
Rane also said, “Rahul will meet Sonia Gandhi later today and convey me about any decision taken,” ANI reported.
Upset at Congress leadership not `honouring its commitment` to make him the Chief Minister, Rane quit the Maharashtra Cabinet on July 21. He had also lashed out at incumbent Chavan, saying the party`s prospects in Assembly elections under him appeared bleak.
Rane, however, said he would continue in the Congress.
A former Shiv Sena chief minister, Rane was said to be lobbying hard to ensure Chavan`s exit but apparently decided to quit as minister as the party high command appeared in no mood to heed his demand.
"Congress has not honoured the commitment it made. I was told I will be made CM in six months. But in nine years the promise has not been kept," Rane, who had been publicly claiming he was assured of chief minister`s post when he quit Shiv Sena to join Congress in 2005, told reporters, PTI reported.
He said his supporters were not made MLCs, given ministerial positions or made heads of the state-owned corporations or boards.
For Chavan he had this to say - "Victory in upcoming assembly elections under the Chief Minister`s leadership is difficult. He has a clean image but decision- making is slow, implementation of decisions already taken is tardy. This affects the people who made known their displeasure with the government in Lok Sabha polls.”
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145